Followers

Thursday 14 December 2017

Disaster

The Thargoids attacked today. I saw it on the news feeds, stations on fire in the Pleiades. Bodies vented into space. The screams, the desperation, Oh gods it was awful. There's people still trapped on those stations, desperately trying to get out. And here I am, 21,000 light years away. I can't help them. All I can do is watch the news feeds and grind my teeth in rage. I should be there. I should be helping out, not sat around planning the next leg of my stupid journey of self discovery.

 

I guess I'm not totally useless though. Over the last few days I've been helping out prepare the colonies for the inevitable influx of refugees that will come drifting ion shortly. I expect there will be far more than expected. But we managed to shift 800,000 tonnes of equipment in preparation. Humans are best when they work together, and nothing brings people together quite like a disaster.

My Type 6 Hauler.
 I just hope this conflict doesn't degenerate into interstallar war. Because honestly, against the Thargoids, I don't think we could win.

No comments:

Post a Comment